Monday, 1 April 2013

Teenage riot in a public station, Gonna fight and tear it up in a hypernation for you

 
 
helllllllllllo.
 
today I decided to be all grungy and 90's and wear my dad's super cool ripped jeans (that are now ALLLL MINE!!!)
So its the first of april,  I celebrated my new found creativity and plumber style by taking photos. Man, sometimes I wish there was just someone following me around, capturing candid yet somehow photogenic moments. for now, self timer will have to suffice.
 
 

 you know what, everyone, including myself, rants about how kitschy and amazing love heart candy is, but MAN they taste like medicine.
 

I've been getting into Sonic Youth lately and that kind angsty teenagerish stuff. I'm not going to lie, I honestly CANNOT STAND NIRVANA sometimes, I'm like SHUT UP YOU SUCK.
 
But then if I'm in this mood where I just want to cut up my clothes and dance around to really loud music, I will listen to Nirvana and Bikini Kill and Hole and Sonic Youth very loudly, normally in class. The other day my friends were getting told off in English and I was doing my work, but really I was ready to jump on the table and yell "SHE'S MY BEST FRIEND YEAH, REBEL GIRL, REBEL GIRL, REBEL GIRL YOU ARE THE QUEEN OF MY WORLD!!!" This would be accompanied with a triumphant air guitar solo and some tongue waggling action.
 
Instead, I just quietly rocked out in my head, while putting gun and poop emojis on my work and subtly making eye contact with some other kids, as my friends were trying to explain tumblr to our teacher.
 
 
 


 the book in this photo is a choose your own adventure space book I got.
 

yeah, I must admit, my knees were kinda cold.
 
 
 
 
INSPIRATION:
 

 source

 
 
 
 
 
                                                                source






AND this super cute eye candy from ROOKIE:

ftp7

also, I'm not gonna lie and say I NEED book recomendations, but I WANT book recomendations.
You guyz are all cool kids, what are so good, interesting, non vampire books I should read???
 
(please don't say the virgin suicides, it looks very etheral and dreamy and all that, but I am way to scared to read anything remotely related to anything even slightly creepy.)
CARLA
 
 
ps: you know whats a good band,  BUTTHOLE SURFERS.
nah, I only know one of their songs but I really just wanna be like "I listen to you know, Lana del rey, soft indie music and THE BUTTHOLE SURFERS BRO."
 
the end.
 


9 comments:

  1. Carla I adore how you styled your dad's jeans! Unfortunately I can't do that with my dad's jeans because he's just too tall. Well, I love your whole outfit in general :) and your inspiration pictures are amazbobs. For books, the Steig Larrson (i think that's his name) ones are good the girl with the dragon tattoo etc. They are a bit creepy though in a crime thriller sort of way but I still think they're really good
    Aoife xx
    http://passtheteacup.blogspot.ie/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read anything by John Green! I love his books! And, I love your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your jeans look awesome. I've only ever listened to one sonic youth song, the same that this post is titled, but I love it soo much. Maybe I should listen more...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seconding John Green! Also The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros is great. If you're in a fantasy mood then The Hobbit and Neil Gaimen are gold. But my favorite series is the Chaos Walking Trilogy by Patrick Ness - it's sort of science fiction sort of dystopian (don't worry, no love triangle that I can remember). I do warn you though that part of it is being told be an illiterate boy, so there are constant spelling/grammar mistakes if that bothers you, but it adds to the character, I swear.

    okay my book rant is over now bye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DUDE I SWEAR TO GOD WE ARE TWINZIES BECAUSE I HAVE MY DAD'S JEANS AND I WEAR THEM THE EXACT SAME WAY ROLLED UP WITH THE LITTLE SASH/TIE THING AND THEY HAVE THE SAME HOLES IN THE KNEES SLDKFJSLDKFJSLDK

    also, i just read "autobiography of a face" which is memoir about a woman with a disfiguring jaw cancer and it was reallllllyyyyyy good.

    Gwen
    http://under-a-bridge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Check out my blog for recommendations! :D (Look on the side). But "The Host" is very good.

    themagicviolinist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool pix, dont you love it when you can steal clothes from your parents! And I eat candy hearts all the time too, they're so damn cute and yum! and if you want a good book, read anything my Margaret Attwood- all her books are AMAZING google her

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post! I have about ten boxes of candy hearts from last month that I need to eat, but I want to put some on collars and stuff. Your outfit is amazing, especially those jeans!! Those jeans are amazeballs. Grunge/Nirvana/Bikini Kill/the whole nineties shebang = my life, basically. -Britney
    P.S. The Weetzie Bat series, if you haven't read it already, is amazing, so I'm recommending that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your posts are the coolest!! and you are so incredibly awesome! i love love love your outfit and everything aaah!!! and yes candy hearts don't taste as good as they look, at least the ones you can buy here. and i love love love this omg!!

    also withering tights is a fucking great and funny book, you should read it!!

    birdiewearsatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete