Saturday, 18 August 2012

Soon the waves and I found the rip tide

I have not talked for 41 hours.

Yes, ladies and gentelmen. No words came out of my mouth for 41 hours. Which means I could only resort to writing everything in a mini notebook, hand gesturing vigorously and using physical violence as my way of communicating feelings (usually anger.)

This of course was for the 40 hour famine. I added 5 minutes for every word I accidentally said, so I had to add 12 x 5 minutes on, which equals 60 (in case you didn't know.)

Anyway. My weekend was slightly better than I imagined. Not talking is fun, but SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard. I went out to buy Lula and I had to just use very exaggerated facial expressions, which is always fun.

 One thing I have learnt these past 41 hours is that eyebrows can convey a plethora of emotions.

So. Here are some photos I forced myself to take at my brother's soccer.

I think you can tell that most of the awesomeness comes from an app, that requires no artisic or technological abilities at all, which is of course my kind of app.

 Not real sunlight.



Not real leaves



 Not real condensation

Are you loving how I am just ruining the magic of these photographs??



Not real word things.



I truly realised how hard it is to take photos of yourself by yourself.


But I'll just pretend this photo is all artistic and abstract and totally intentional.




I love this effect.

It would make an animal carcus look awesome.



Not real water splashes


 This photo is completely 100% original and unedited.

It's greeeeeeaaaat, no?



And here are some super cool drawings I did one day.


I've had an obsession with eyes and hairy legs lately.


 And inverted crosses too:)

 Marvel at the ability of Filter Mania 2 to transform a Harry Potter page into an old fashioned witchcraft book!


And finally here is a photo of me after I started talking again!!! I was so relieved and excited that I started talking in this horrible Texan accent (I've never even met anyone from Texas) and playing around in my dad's old old old old old car. I was saying stuff like "SHUT UR PIE HOLE!" and "WE'LL RIDE THIS BABY ALL THE WAY TO TEXAS" and "THAT LOOKS LIKE HEAVEN ON A STICK!"

And everyone started wishing for next years 40 hour famine.

Here, I am being a stud and checking out a SUPER smoking chick while lounging cooly in my SUPER swish sportscar (hurrah for alliteration!)

And there's my brother in the background, eating pizza, wishing he was as cool as I am.



Well.

I think it is also worth mentioning that this is my 100th post.

And I think it is even more worth mentioning that:


THEY HAVE ORGANISED A ROOKIE MEETUP IN SYDNEY.

SYDNEY!!!!!!

words escape me.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HURRY UP AND ORGANISE ONE IN MELBOURNE ALREADY????!

OR I MAY HAVE TO EAT MY OWN FACE OFF!!!!!













on calmer notes, I have to perform a solo for my music class.

I am going to do something on the ukulele and sing too.

What do you intelligent people think I should do?????

Carla,
preparing to eat her own face off.

6 comments:

  1. Why don't you organize the meetup? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. carla, you draw well. i like to see your drawings. my fave photo is the 100% unedited one of the chain link fence. since i live in texas, & i hear people talk, who are born here all the time. let's just say it's interesting. not all native texans have accents though. what's weird is since i've moved here, i can usually identify a texan on TV by the way they speak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is impressive! My friend did that a few years ago!! Cool idea not to talk though, maybe makes you appreciate being able to talk as well haha!! You should, organise a Melbourne meet up!! I wish there was one in Auckland, NZ!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhha love all the photos with the effects and well done for not talking form 41 hours I could never do that. I hope you follow my new tumblr www.rad-apparel.tumblr.com xxx


    ReplyDelete
  5. great photos! followed you, hope you can follow back! http://xxxloveisbeautyxxx.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHAHA you are so funny! :D :D :D The only person I've ever met from Texas has a normal american accent :)

    Also I love the pictures! (and the captions!)

    ReplyDelete