Friday, 4 May 2012

do you know how lovely you are, in the moonlight, in the moonlight of my heart.

Hi
I've been thinking about it a bit, and the fact I'm a redhead could potientally kill me one day. Hair racism fascinates me a bit, about how hair colours have developed sterotypical traits. So much so I made a section in my inspiration book about redheads. I wrote all the things that people have said to me (that I can remeber.) and I also copied some interesting facts, quotes and famous redheads (like Chuck Norris and Ginger Rogers) from an article in Frankie.




This isn't a feel sorry for me thing, because to tell the truth, no one really mentions it much and if they do it doesn't hurt me. What amazes me is the fact that people think it is a massive deal. They act like comparing me and my fellow redheads to orangutans and talking about us starting fires is clever. And yes I am proud to be a ranga, because there is less than 2% of redheads in Australia and less than 1% in asia and africa. So when you think about it I could be like royalty in asia. But then I was thinking about how like in world war two, the Jews were the people that the Germans wanted to get rid of. And I know religion is a way more serious and problem causing issue, but the colour of people's hair could possibly be the cause of a war one day. Imagine if all the blondes decided that redheads were weird and shouldn't be allowed to live with them and then they got their hands on some nuclear weapons and BOOM, theres world war three. What I also wonder is how blondes got the reputation to be dumb, and reheads agro and brunettes boring. Because of course its not true and all that, but who decided it all??

Okay I just looked it up and according to wikipedia, blondes were the more beautiful people, you know with blue eyes, so apparently they didn't have to use their intelligence to get ahead in life because they had looks. Another theory is about this French lady in the 1700's who was acting in a play and paused for ages before her lines, so she was not only stupid but dumb as in mute. And I  also noticed that blonde jokes are only about girls. There are also Redhead jokes and brunette jokes, but as hard as I tried I have never seen a black hair joke.

Anyway sorry if those post was really random.Here are some more random photos I have taken in the last week.
At the beach. Played some lemon in the dark.


Some awesome face paint my best friend did for me:)
I promise next time I will post an outfit. I have had a very busy week, involving seeing two plays on the weekend, Macbeth and Invisible Friends. Both were excellent, I especially liked the way I could hardly understand anything they said in macbeth. I also liked the witches.

LOVE CARLA
ps: in a hair colour war, who would win??

4 comments:

  1. This post had some good points in it... It is strange how dumb blonde jokes only apply to girls (maybe this is ALSO sexism?!),.. I am glad you are not hurt by redhead joke :).. Hehehehe... Anyways your face paint is the bomb.com (I think that means really awesome, I just know one of my friends uses it to describe cop io people)!! Seriously it is pretty cool....
    Love
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a black head I beam with joy x) Thanks for including us!!! On behalf of all black heads, I salute you. be proud of being a red head. You have no idea just how much I'd give to have that gorgeous mane of red hair. Unfortunately the only chance of that happening comes in a bottle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post.:)
    <3
    The Electric Heart Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. What did you do to your face.. :P
    Nice face paint from your best friend :)

    Follow my blog at
    www.arikayasmine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete