Saturday, 31 December 2011

you can grow flowers from where dirt used to be

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I never really get that excited about new years eve and all that, but when your uncle and family come over for a monopoly tournament (simpsons monopoly to be precise), how can you not love it? and although I kind of retired half way through it was still fun! Especially since there was brownies and peanuts included (not together of course. actually that would be an interesting experiment.....)

Today I am showing you some pictures from a couple of weeks ago. And I am aiming not to talk much.

yeah good luck with that.





This is the yellow jumper I bought from salvos for $5! Much to my mums disgust. It looks very synthetic apparently. And it had shoulder pads that I cut out. for some reason the more yellow the more I love it:)




 These are the shorts my auntie bought me when we went shopping in Fitzroy last week. I love them very much.  I felt like I needed a hunting rifle or something (not that I would kill any rabbits), I felt so old fashioned englishish and attempted to talk in an English accent all day (which of course failed miserably after about an hour.)

Anyway I would just like to say that Melbournes fireworks are way better than Sydneys. no matter how much classical music they play and how many amazing bridges they have. ( sorry if you're from sydney, i have a kind of rivalry with you city.)

Also if any of you live in new york, please tell me about the ball dropping.

LOTS OF LOVE AND ALL THAT
CARLA

ps:if anyone knows any cool fairy songs/chants tell me. I am writing a story

pss: i will do a christmas present post soon

8 comments:

  1. Great photos. :> those are so cute shorts !

    Happy new year,

    xx Satu
    Indie by Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are adorable! I love your red braids and your perfect yellow sweater goes great with it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can your mom dislike the yellow sweater?! It is really GROOVY!!! English accents are cool (obvious fact, needlessly stated). oh yeah random question are you from Australia because your like talking about Sydney and if you were that would BE SUPER COOL!!!
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love berets ,I would just walk around all day in one being pretentious and clever x

    ReplyDelete
  5. yellow looks great on you happy new year!!

    http://www.ohmydior.org/

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the yellow!

    xx from hong kong :)
    www.ldmldmldm.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are super cute. i have a similar yellow sweater :) love that colour

    ReplyDelete
  8. A monopoly tournament? That sounds like a good way to welcome 2012! I love playing that game even though it can last for hours haha. I like your yellow jumper. :)

    P.S. Thank you for following my blog and I'm following back!

    Lots of love, B
    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/
    Tweet me: Viva_La_Breee

    ReplyDelete